Sunday 17 March 2013

Get Well or Hope you feel better challenge


Hi Stampers this week I set the challenge at Sunny Challenges and Creations, the brief was very simple just create a Get Well Card scrap page of 3D item. Even though I set the challenge I still had to think about what I wanted to do. I took a piece of Marina Mist card stock, folded in half and then in half again on the front opening.  I then placed the beginning of the folded front half in the big shot and using the largest of the  Apothecary Accents Framelits cut out 1/2 the shape, I also cut a full framelit the same size but using Twitterpad DSP. I then embossed the card front using the Elegant Lines embossing folder twice to get embossed coverage to the whole of the card front, and then I folded the 'scrap piece' back to the centre of the card. I used white taffeta ribbon to the front and adhered it under the back flap of the front. I used the Word Play stamp set for my sentiment and punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch and sponged around the outer edge with Marina Mist. For the inside of the card I used the Tulips embossing folder on Whisper white card stock and added the flower image from Serene Silhouettes, which I had stamped off three times before adding it to the Whisper White. Kris, Vicky and I hope you will play along with us the next two weeks on Sunny Challenges and Creations, and check out what our guest designers have come up with for the challenges as well. Till next time....

4 comments:

  1. Your colours are so very pretty Gwen, especially with the DSP as it really sets off the Marina Mist. I love how you have used the framelit & that beautiful EF, which I never seem to know how to use

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Gwen. I Love the colours and I love the way you created the front of the card. Truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you've used the framelit to cut that delightful DSP, Gwen. This is such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Vicky,Christine and Kris for your help when my mind wouldnt work. I am happy the way it turned out too

    ReplyDelete