Sunday 17 February 2013

Valentines Day


This year I decided to make some small heart shaped gift boxes that Crafty Maria had on her blog and she had cased them from HERE. They were so easy to make and so quick, I thought perhaps if I made a few and a few cards then I would be covered. because I dont usually sell a great many at my market stall for Valentines Day. For whatever reason this year was very different from the last 3 years and I couldnt keep up with cards (maybe the newsagent running out had something to do with it).
The heart covered card was made from Whisper White and matted with Real Red. I used some scraps of card stock and DSP  some current and some retired and punched away with my retired triple heart punch, I then adhered them to the card stock and run the card stock through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Using my heart Framelits I Cut out some hearts this time using the Bigshot and embossed them using the polka dot embossing folder, I attached the small heart with a dimensional and added a basic rhinestone to the centre.  The next card was one I CASED on a blog and I can not remember who it was. So if the triple heart card looks familiar and is yours please let me know so that I can give you credit for your creation.It uses Riding Hood Red, Melon Mambo and Primrose Petals, each punched heart punched out and placed onto matching cardstock with a dimensional. These were attached to Whisper White Cardstock with a trim of Dotted Scallop Border Trim Punch. The last card is one that is just all the left over hearts that I had punched out and I made them to look what I thought was hearts overflowing from a box. I then trimmed the bottom of the box with some of the smallest hearts from the retired triple heart punch. These were all quick to do and apart from the sentiment had no stamping on them

2 comments:

  1. All your Valentine projects look gorgeous Gwen, which is why they were so in demand. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Gwen. Yep, have to agree with you as you can never tell which is going to sell & which are not. No wonder you had such great success - they are lovely

    ReplyDelete